The Razor Coast: Islands and Pirates
This page captures items, quests and other loose ends that haven’t been immediately solved.
Your menagerie at the Vanderboren estate has grown. It’s unclear if there continues to be a need for it given the due date to meet Simon Rothgazzi passed many days ago.
- Rowyn Kellani (the “boss lady”) and Gut Tugger escaped. Do you attempt to locate them? They took much of value from the Lotus Dragon guildhall. It’s likely this included loot belonging to Lavinia.
- You still haven’t found Vanthus. The writings you discovered in the guildhall seem to indicate he went to Anchor Bay, outside of Port Shaw, to sabotage a pirate convoy by lighting ships on fire.
# The Lotus Dragons had three Tulita prisoners. Before dying, the last living one commanded Zuka Zuka and Ono to return to the Port Shaw area and redeem themselves by finding the jawbone of Mokoli Ali’i. In Port Shaw, the chieftain Milliauka also implored them to redeem their dajobasu heritage by locating this relic. A Locate Object spell cast by Sagacious Samuel found several pieces of scrimshaw that might match a sketch made by Milliauka, but the oddest one pointed to a located below Port Shaw and to the west.
- The Tulita prisoner also had a tattoo of a black scorpion. Whatever it means, Aleister seems to get more twitchy. An odd metal artifact found in Old Fish’s shop also had an identical engraving of the scorpion. This was left with Sagacious Samuel.
- Looks like someone needs to lead the power vacuum in the ambergris trade in Port Shaw. Who could that be?
You never did talk to Simez Rothgazzi…perhaps it’s now a lost opportunity. You found 3 dessicated potions that could be restored with a decent alchemy lab: 1 cure moderate, 2 of invisibility
- Notes from the Lotus Dragons’ lair contain mentions of a tribe of menehune living on the razor coast. Milliauka in Port Shaw indicated that the menehune were a key to restoring “Pele’s rule” and that Keahilani should find them and convince them to return. According to the shaman, they left the island years ago.
- The shattered black pearl that Vanthus unintentionally released in Anchor Bay seems to be the source of the cannibalistic madness encountered in the pirates and other creatures there.
- Harlis Jarvell, the pirate Crimson Fleet commander, thanked you for helping and left despite her sickness. Perhaps her whirlwind rapier and dagger may be seen again.
It appeared that Shea was slain by the Karikanti gatormen after heroically flanking one to allow the dajobasu brothers a better chance. However, she lived, her clothing somehow protecting every bone in her body from breaking. Something is strange, however. Her eyes are solid black pools, showing now whites. This unnerves people around her. -4 to Diplomacy checks. The rust monster seemed to have damaged Ono’s axe. This may require repair.
- After rescuing Lavinia and the Jade Ravens from Drevoraz’s motley crew of bullywugs and karikanti, the Jade Ravens were dismissed like common servants. This seems to have left a bad taste in their collective mouth.
- Darenar mentioned that his magical hammer was won from old “Shakes” Montgomery. The hammer seems to have thundering and returning powers.
# Keahilani put a down payment on mithril breastplate armor with Old Fish. Still needs to collect the armor.
- A very pretty human woman dressed in finery stopped to chit chat with the party. At the same time a beggar girl asked Bertram for coins. Bertram tossed a coin to her but the child ran into an alleyway. The party then noticed that the lady had disappeared…and that Bertram’s purse was 30 gp lighter.
- Ono has purchased two doses of dragonsmoke from “Crazy” John. The drug dealer seems to be a on a first-name basis now. Milliauka the Tulita shaman implored the party to remove the “dragonsmoke scourge,” which might be the first step in restoring the blessings of whale, turtle and dolphin. In a strange turn of events, Gregory Bonedeuce also asked for the party’s help and promised a generous reward for removing the source of dragonsmoke.
- The party rescued Jessica McFayn and showed evidence to Bonedeuce that Harrok McFayn didn’t murder the villagers of Toe’s Reach. They defeated one wereshark and Relgin (Harrok’s cousin) noted that there was a “black shark man” that gave orders to others and indicated they would take Jessica to something called the “basking.”
- Bonedeuce seems to have taken a liking to the party after stopping Falken Drango. He indicated he might have other jobs to fit the party’s “unique skills.”
- After returning the Jawbone, Milliauka introduced the party to Kaho Ali’i, who he said was prophesied to reunite the Tulita, using the Jawbone as a banner. Kaho didn’t seem to like Ono and was reserved.
- The skum in the sewers and their human captives were all “branded” with a tentacle mark inside a circle, usually on the chest. The brain ooze in the sewers also bore this mark. Zalen Trafalgar hinted that he’d seen this before and asked the party to report any future sightings to him. After some discussion with Keahilani, he noted with a worried look that he believed it was associated with the worship of Demogorgon.