The Razor Coast: Islands and Pirates
This page captures items, quests and other loose ends that haven’t been immediately solved.
Your menagerie at the Vanderboren estate has grown. It’s unclear if there continues to be a need for it given the due date to meet Simon Rothgazzi passed many days ago. Rowyn Kellani (the “boss lady”) and Gut Tugger escaped. Do you attempt to locate them? They took much of value from the Lotus Dragon guildhall. It’s likely this included loot belonging to Lavinia. You still haven’t found Vanthus. The writings you discovered in the guildhall seem to indicate he went to Anchor Bay, outside of Port Shaw, to sabotage a pirate convoy by lighting ships on fire. The Lotus Dragons had three Tulita prisoners. Before dying, the last living one commanded Zuka Zuka and Ono to return to the Port Shaw area and redeem themselves by finding the jawbone of Mokoli Ali’i. In Port Shaw, the chieftain Milliauka also implored them to redeem their dajobasu heritage by locating this relic. A Locate Object spell cast by Sagacious Samuel found several pieces of scrimshaw that might match a sketch made by Milliauka, but the oddest one pointed to a located below Port Shaw and to the west.
- The Tulita prisoner also had a tattoo of a black scorpion. Whatever it means, Aleister seems to get more twitchy. An odd metal artifact found in Old Fish’s shop also had an identical engraving of the scorpion. This was left with Sagacious Samuel.
Looks like someone needs to lead the power vacuum in the ambergris trade in Port Shaw. Who could that be? You never did talk to Simez Rothgazzi…perhaps it’s now a lost opportunity. You found 3 dessicated potions that could be restored with a decent alchemy lab: 1 cure moderate, 2 of invisibility
- Notes from the Lotus Dragons’ lair contain mentions of a tribe of menehune living on the razor coast. Milliauka in Port Shaw indicated that the menehune were a key to restoring “Pele’s rule” and that Keahilani should find them and convince them to return. According to the shaman, they left the island years ago.
- The shattered black pearl that Vanthus unintentionally released in Anchor Bay seems to be the source of the cannibalistic madness encountered in the pirates and other creatures there.
- Harlis Jarvell, the pirate Crimson Fleet commander, thanked you for helping and left despite her sickness. Perhaps her whirlwind rapier and dagger may be seen again.
It appeared that Shea was slain by the Karikanti gatormen after heroically flanking one to allow the dajobasu brothers a better chance. However, she lived, her clothing somehow protecting every bone in her body from breaking. Something is strange, however. Her eyes are solid black pools, showing now whites. This unnerves people around her. -4 to Diplomacy checks. The rust monster seemed to have damaged Ono’s axe. This may require repair.
- After rescuing Lavinia and the Jade Ravens from Drevoraz’s motley crew of bullywugs and karikanti, the Jade Ravens were dismissed like common servants. This seems to have left a bad taste in their collective mouth. Keahilani continues to throw jibes at the Jade Ravens, particularly serious-minded Tolin.
Darenar mentioned that his magical hammer was won from old “Shakes” Montgomery. The hammer seems to have thundering and returning powers. Keahilani put a down payment on mithril breastplate armor with Old Fish. Still needs to collect the armor. A very pretty human woman dressed in finery stopped to chit chat with the party. At the same time a beggar girl asked Bertram for coins. Bertram tossed a coin to her but the child ran into an alleyway. The party then noticed that the lady had disappeared…and that Bertram’s purse was 30 gp lighter. She later appeared after the party hired Montgomery “Shakes” Donovan and Bertram deduced she was Jalia Ramires, one of Montgomery’s former Wave Rider companions. Ono has purchased two doses of dragonsmoke from “Crazy” John. The drug dealer seems to be a on a first-name basis now. Milliauka the Tulita shaman implored the party to remove the “dragonsmoke scourge,” which might be the first step in restoring the blessings of whale, turtle and dolphin. In a strange turn of events, Gregory Bonedeuce also asked for the party’s help and promised a generous reward for removing the source of dragonsmoke. Many weeks later Milliauka and Kaho Ali’i urged the party to take out the source of dragonsmoke.
- The party rescued Jessica McFayn and showed evidence to Bonedeuce that Harrok McFayn didn’t murder the villagers of Toe’s Reach. They defeated one wereshark and Relgin (Harrok’s cousin) noted that there was a “black shark man” that gave orders to others and indicated they would take Jessica to something called the “basking.”
Bonedeuce seems to have taken a liking to the party after stopping Falken Drango. He indicated he might have other jobs to fit the party’s “unique skills.” After returning the Jawbone, Milliauka introduced the party to Kaho Ali’i, who he said was prophesied to reunite the Tulita, using the Jawbone as a banner. Kaho didn’t seem to like Ono and was reserved.
- The skum in the sewers and their human captives were all “branded” with a tentacle mark inside a circle, usually on the chest. The brain ooze in the sewers also bore this mark. Zalen Trafalgar hinted that he’d seen this before and asked the party to report any future sightings to him. After some discussion with Keahilani, he noted with a worried look that he believed it was associated with the worship of Demogorgon. Zalen later asked the party to look for more evidence of a strange cult he called The Ring of the Kraken. He seemed convinced that it was linked to Demogorgon.
- Investigating the source of dragonsmoke, the party learned that one of the few honorable men in the dragoons, Roland Lawrence, was ejected in disgrace after he was found with dragonsmoke. Lawrence spends many a night at the Run Aground tavern.
To find the source of dragonsmoke and the “Big Deal,” the party went to the Outskirts to Barret’s Barnacles where they discovered Garreg Meldenbourne who insisted they do dragonsmoke with him before he would talk. Ono revealed the dose of Black Dragon, a high quality processed version, they had found on pushers. Garreg revealed all once Ono smoke it, but now Ono has a lingering urge to get more..
- The Wave Riders were the heroes of the Razor Coast for many years until 9 hears ago tragedy struck and their leader, Solomon Trafalgar, was killed by the Demon Below, aka the Kraken Fiend. Many of them died and the ones who returned to Port Shaw did so mostly in disgrace. The party befriended and hired the drunken Montgomery Donovan, their former captain. They met Jalia Ramires after she returned Bertram’s money, but she seems ethereal and difficult to locate per Donovan. Donovan explained that Belok Talorg, priest of Bowbe, spent his nights fighting at the Broken Skull. The party met him and Belok promised to talk to them only if they challenged enough people in the fighting ring to work their way to him. Donovan explained that Xander Brim, their former wizard, was a mendicant and likely begging somewhere. The only one that turned out “well” seemed to be Aeron Chambers, now dubbed “Sorcerer Supreme” of the dragoons, who the party later met at Lavinia’s. In addition, they discovered that Zalen Trafalgar, priest of Quell, was the son of Solomon, the dead leader of the Wave Riders.
- Ono defeated one challenger in the ring at the Broken Skull but there are several to go before he can challenge Belok himself or, if he wishes the top spot, the mysterious Jin.
Bethany Razor herself seems to have saved the party from a horrible fate at the hands of the drug lords. Perhaps she can be an ally?
- Bethany Razor hinted at her husband, Jacob’s, tragedy a few years ago and asked that they report any signs of his demise to her directly. It didn’t appear that Gregory Bonedeuce liked that request.
- While sailing to Dolentla Island, the party freed at least 50 Tulita from slaver ships. While this likely constituted an illegal act (and Jacinth promised to tell someone), the Tulita committed to sending more of their people to the Port Shaw region. Jacinth promised not to tell so long as the party didn’t reveal her cowardice on the island.
- The party agreed to keep Jacinth’ secret, that, when attacked on Dolentla Island, she turned invisible and fled, leaving her friends to a gruesome fate.
- On Dolentla Island, you recovered the Sacred Ambergris, a relic of the Tulita stolen about eight years ago. Qualmaga’s whale was under a geas to recover it when it came under Hawanapoki’s influence and was corrupted. Freed of the qlippoth, the whale followed the Sea Wyvern until Keahilani managed to make it understand that they would return the ambergris to the Tulita in Port Shaw.